I've noticed my inbox has gotten downright unmanage-able. So I'm going to clean out my watch list to the bare bones and start to re-add things as I find them.
So we put our heads together and decided it doesn’t have to be that way!
In an attempt to be helpful, we came up with a time frame when people are likely to be in the chat. The chat is open ALL DAY, but we KNOW that there are people off work and chillaxin’ during these times.
- ??? (need to speak to day crew)
(Wyrd, Jay, Ashley, Drak, Hawky, Wk)
- 9 pm to 2 am (central)
We can even do BETTER than time frames! We can schedule days for meet ups! We scheduled a couple. They’re short notice ;; sorry about that! You don’t have to scramble to make them, because we’re going to schedule more!
MEET UP DAYS
Tumblr isn’t ideal for this, but it was the easiest way to reach you all. We can move our scheduling elsewhere as soon as we decide on a place, and then we can all set days and hours!
If you've done gift art of my OCs either recently or a long time ago and I never replied, please link me. I may not have seen it, may have forgotten (all too often the case), or just can't find it again. My silence is not intentional.
Hetherev is a totally different deal where artists dump their OCs into a fantasy world and watch them scramble. I'm resetting my Hetherev storyline. This has no impact on my own material. Gale and Stacy aren't going anywhere (except in Hetherev). Jacky's still Herman's baboo, so on and so forth.
That's right! I am officially rebooting my Heth characters. Some of them have been removed, and others are just being 'reset'.
What does that mean?
It means I'm going to start over. I'm going to redo my challenges from the beginning and they will be different than they were before. I don't have a plan, except to have fun.
But I'm working on something that features ______!
If you did something or are working on something that includes one of my babies, CARRY ON MY FRIEND. I will work with you on whatever continuity errors this causes (yes, even on characters I have removed!).
Why did you do this?
I've been going through a rough spell for the last three+ years. I still am! It made me feel unmotivated. Heth is about to start pumping out some new and interesting things to get the community on its feet again. I'd like to be a part of that, but I felt I couldn't before because I had backed myself into an odd place with my old challenges.
Who did you remove, and who are you keeping?
I'm KEEPING and not changing,
Herman and Sam.
I'm KEEPING but RESETING,
Gethin and Jacky.
Gale, and Stacy.
Heth is a mess. Just roll with it.
1. What does your Deviantart name mean and why?
I taped two reading interests together.
2. What fandom are you obsessed with?
Depends on what the flavor of the month is, at the moment I'm not real interested in anything.
3. How many watchers do you have now?
4. Name 3 of your favorite artists on DA.
I have lots of favorites, so I'll list folks I most enjoy seeing updates from. Beastofoblivion, Aftertouch, Rickgriffin.
5. Or lack thereof, move along…
6. Do you participate in clubs' contests here on dA?
7. What is your most popular submission?
8. What are your favorite non-anime TV shows?
The Walking Dead.
9. What are the things you wish you could draw better?
10. Summer or winter?
11. Rain or Sun?
12. What's your favourite type of music?
I seem to be partial to film scores.
13. PC or Mac
14. Anime or Manga?
15. Coke or Pepsi?
16. Read or TV?
17. How many hours a day do you spend on dA?
Enough to clear my message bin.
18. Name a talent.
Fretting over nothing. If that was a talent I'd be fucking fantastic at it.
19. Flash or traditional cartoons?
Traditional, unless it's well done.
20. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
21. What are your top 3 favorite books?(not mangas)
Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff
The Black Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey
Barry Cunliffe's works.
22. Wii or PlayStation?
Haven't touched either in years.
23. Name 3 of your favorite bands/singers.
Mumford and Sons, James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman... long list would be long, moving on.
24. Are you a fast, slow, or medium typer?
Fast but my typos make me slow.
25. Do you like Denny's?
26. What is your favorite smiley?
27. What is your favorite type of pie?
28. Have you ever stayed up for 24 hours?
29. Do you go on dA a lot?
30. Are you a member on any other sites besides DA?
Tumblr. Tumblr has consumed me.
31. Do you cosplay?
32. Fruits or sweets?
Fruit, sometimes sweets.
33. Buttered, plain, or salted popcorn?
34. Have you skipped school?
Not without my folks okay.
35. Have you been on a plane?
36. Have you swam in an ocean?
37. Have you been ice skating?
38. Favorite vacation spot?
What is a vacation
39. Ever been on TV?
I hope not.
40. Favorite salad and dressing?
Ranch because it's the only one I can remember if I like.
41. What do you do to relax?
Draw. Read. Guild Wars. Minecraft.
42. What is the last film you saw in the theater?
How to Train your Dragon 2
43. Favorite Sandwich?
Roast beef with Au Jus.
44. If you could go anywhere in the world…
Europe. Ireland maybe? Some place it's rainy all the time and there's old stuff to look at.
45. Favorite time of the day?
46. What did you want to be when you were little?
47. What do you want to be now?
I seem to be content.
48. If you could eat with one person, who would it be?
49. What character would you hate to be stuck in a room with?
50. When is your birthday?
August 27th 1985.
51. Favourite type of ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip is pretty good.
52. Last book you read?
Almost finished with The Prehistory of Denmark by Jorgen Jensen.
53. Which store would you max out a credit card at?
Amazon because books.
54. Do you buy / sell / both on eBay.
55. What is the most annoying thing people ask you?
"Can you draw me?"
56. Favourite all time movie?
Probably still Wreck it Ralph.
57. What was your favourite show when you were a kid?
58. What are you listening to right now?
59. What is the last thing you ate?
60. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Blue or orange probably.
61. What is the first thing you notice about another person?
62. Favorite sport to play?
Whatever the kids or cats are doing.
63. Favorite Day of the Year?
64. Hugs or Kisses?
Depends. Both are good, but if it's ME doing it it's hugs cause I can't imagine who I'd be kissing.
65. Vanilla or Chocolate?
66. Favorite Board Game?
do slot machines count
67. Favorite smells?
Any scented candle that isn't awful.
68. What inspires you?
69. Do you have any piercings?
I had pierced ears once but I doubt they still are.
70. How many siblings do you have?
71. Bacon Bits or Croutons?
Both are pretty good.
72. Favorite Day of the Week?
73. Favorite phrase?
"What that is"
74. Favorite Restaurant?
I kinda like Cheddars.
75. Favorite animal?
It's simplest to just say cat.
76. Favorite thing to do outside?
Read probably, but if I have something to entertain me I'm happy to stay outside for other reasons.
77. Favorite thing to do when it's raining?
Draw or read.
78. Favorite Disney character?
79. Do you like coffee? If so, what is your favorite kind?
I like it but I gotta lay off the caffeine.
80. Tag 6 people.
Whoever is reading this.
Hetherev is not inactive. Hetherev is sleeping.
I see everything that goes through the application bin. It’s far from a ghost town. I have noticed that a greater percentage of the content is no longer interactive. Hetherev’s activity depends on character interaction, so we need more of that. See the logic?
Draw Challenges, not just jams.
- Challenges encourage interaction. Art jams encourage more art jams. I love art jams. They can bring a lot to a group, and there’s no reason to feel bad if they’re your guilty pleasure, but they can weaken a community as much as enliven it. A healthy balance is needed and right now, the scales are tipped. Challenges require more effort, yes, but the rewards can be better. A challenge puts your character in a place and makes it appear available and alive.
Talk to one another.
- Visit the forums. Comment on challenges. Say hello! Hetherev is an interactive group, it is totally acceptable to approach your fellow artists and interact with them. If you’re not personally a shy person, you may need to reach out a little more frequently if you want to boost activity. I’m lookin’ at you social folk to form a net and scoop up some of these new fish.
Draw other people’s characters.
- If you want to see someone draw your character, make a habit of drawing others’ characters. People will notice. Seek out trades! But don’t expect a shower of gifts, that’s not going to happen.
Don’t wait for the ‘head honchos’ to create activity.
- YOU create it. Really! If you’re waiting for the Founder and Co-Founders to create stories and events, you’re looking in the wrong place. The truth is, the players create the events, all we do is signal boost them. If you don’t ask us to, we can’t help! If Hetherev ran like a business, we’d be churning out overpriced products that nobody wants. It’s better to let the artists create entertainment THEY want and try to help them spread the word.
Don’t be afraid to ask the group for a signal boost
- If you have a big event that you’d like us to call to attention, send us a note with all the relevant links and we’ll give it a boost!
Hetherev is a sandbox.
- We’ve given you a bucket and a shovel already. YOU HAVE THE TOOLS TO BUILD KINGDOMS. Build a sand fort and throw a plastic Triceratops at the castle across the way. Hetherev is a vast, perpetually unexplored setting. You can make shit up and put it there. Just don’t pout when others want to share.
But I'm just not sure if I need a membership for anything.
Write ten holiday wishes.
Lets be realistic, no one is going to send you a new computer, but they might stop by with a llama badge and well-wishes!
1. A mute button for this cat.
2. More lights! I put some on my porch. There aren't many of them, but I'm hoping it will help encourage more people on our street to decorate next year.
3. More Samurai Jack. Not more episodes, I know that's not happening, but I'd sure like to see it more often than just Saturday nights on Adult Swim.
4. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Or sleet. FOG. Wet precipitation of any kind.
5. Candy cane. ;; I left all mine hanging on the porch and then it rained and now they're kind of festively slimy. It was a terrible idea.
6. I wanna kick 2015 in the butt. No, really. I've allowed myself to accrue some miserable habits in the last few years and I'm changing my tactics in 2015.
7. To finish all art trades/just general things that I owe, no matter how old. (Gonna have to hunt some folks down to get updated info, since that's a big part of the delay).
8. More Whatayarn (Herman/Jacky) draw suggestions. I know I have a fugton, but I can just never have enough.
9. ART. Especially Whatayarn (not explicit). If there's any art I haven't already favorited/commented on please let me know. I am forgetful and may have seen it but forgotten to reply.
10. I want to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and I hope next year is a good one for all of you.
Make a list!
My secret base code for Alpha Sapphire. Feel free to visit!
You will eventually meet a blonde haired man in a hat that will tell you about secret bases and establish your first base, you really can’t miss him. When he does, access the computer, use the QR code option to share or find other bases.
0189 9340 6238
There's my number.
(I'm so tempted to buy the dragon myself, but I already have a steam engine train monster I can add plastic cat ears to so the role is filled ;; )
You should read each description before attempting to buy, but here's the best part of the adoptables (in my opinion),
- You get full rights to this character. No really.
- Draw it, write about it, roleplay with it, commission others to draw pictures of it, use it as a fursona!
- Feel free to change the colors / give it a solid sex or gender!
- You can resell it in the future. I'd LIKE it to be resold for the same price you bought it for, but what can I do?
- You can even pretend you made it if you roll that way.
-You get the full res flat image as a PNG."
You don't see many adoptables that come with that much freedom!
I'm thinking of raising my sketch prices by about five dollars for a single character. I need to create more income from my commissions, I'd also like a little more for the time that I've been putting into them.
Messy sketch of a single character ($20)
+$10 per additional character.
To have a sketch colored, double the amount.
Having sketches of multiple characters colored would start to look pretty pricey, but a single character sketch I think remains affordable for folks who know what they want.
I'm not yet decided on what I want to do, this requires some thought!
These cats are free to a good home and good with other cats and dogs! Click the image and see Lilleah's deviation description for more information. I am not adopting out these cats myself, just trying to give them a signal boost so they have a better chance finding a good home.
Captain Hook (not sure what his specifics are on other cats and dogs, but you could always ask Lilleah.)
Commissions may be my soul income soon and I'm considering raising my prices. I don't anticipate raising them more than about five dollars, but I wanted to give a little bit of a heads up!