1. What does your Deviantart name mean and why?
I taped two reading interests together.
2. What fandom are you obsessed with?
Depends on what the flavor of the month is, at the moment I'm not real interested in anything.
3. How many watchers do you have now?
4. Name 3 of your favorite artists on DA.
I have lots of favorites, so I'll list folks I most enjoy seeing updates from. Beastofoblivion, Aftertouch, Rickgriffin.
5. Or lack thereof, move along…
6. Do you participate in clubs' contests here on dA?
7. What is your most popular submission?
8. What are your favorite non-anime TV shows?
The Walking Dead.
9. What are the things you wish you could draw better?
10. Summer or winter?
11. Rain or Sun?
12. What's your favourite type of music?
I seem to be partial to film scores.
13. PC or Mac
14. Anime or Manga?
15. Coke or Pepsi?
16. Read or TV?
17. How many hours a day do you spend on dA?
Enough to clear my message bin.
18. Name a talent.
Fretting over nothing. If that was a talent I'd be fucking fantastic at it.
19. Flash or traditional cartoons?
Traditional, unless it's well done.
20. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
21. What are your top 3 favorite books?(not mangas)
Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff
The Black Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey
Barry Cunliffe's works.
22. Wii or PlayStation?
Haven't touched either in years.
23. Name 3 of your favorite bands/singers.
Mumford and Sons, James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman... long list would be long, moving on.
24. Are you a fast, slow, or medium typer?
Fast but my typos make me slow.
25. Do you like Denny's?
26. What is your favorite smiley?
27. What is your favorite type of pie?
28. Have you ever stayed up for 24 hours?
29. Do you go on dA a lot?
30. Are you a member on any other sites besides DA?
Tumblr. Tumblr has consumed me.
31. Do you cosplay?
32. Fruits or sweets?
Fruit, sometimes sweets.
33. Buttered, plain, or salted popcorn?
34. Have you skipped school?
Not without my folks okay.
35. Have you been on a plane?
36. Have you swam in an ocean?
37. Have you been ice skating?
38. Favorite vacation spot?
What is a vacation
39. Ever been on TV?
I hope not.
40. Favorite salad and dressing?
Ranch because it's the only one I can remember if I like.
41. What do you do to relax?
Draw. Read. Guild Wars. Minecraft.
42. What is the last film you saw in the theater?
How to Train your Dragon 2
43. Favorite Sandwich?
Roast beef with Au Jus.
44. If you could go anywhere in the world…
Europe. Ireland maybe? Some place it's rainy all the time and there's old stuff to look at.
45. Favorite time of the day?
46. What did you want to be when you were little?
47. What do you want to be now?
I seem to be content.
48. If you could eat with one person, who would it be?
49. What character would you hate to be stuck in a room with?
50. When is your birthday?
August 27th 1985.
51. Favourite type of ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip is pretty good.
52. Last book you read?
Almost finished with The Prehistory of Denmark by Jorgen Jensen.
53. Which store would you max out a credit card at?
Amazon because books.
54. Do you buy / sell / both on eBay.
55. What is the most annoying thing people ask you?
"Can you draw me?"
56. Favourite all time movie?
Probably still Wreck it Ralph.
57. What was your favourite show when you were a kid?
58. What are you listening to right now?
59. What is the last thing you ate?
60. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Blue or orange probably.
61. What is the first thing you notice about another person?
62. Favorite sport to play?
Whatever the kids or cats are doing.
63. Favorite Day of the Year?
64. Hugs or Kisses?
Depends. Both are good, but if it's ME doing it it's hugs cause I can't imagine who I'd be kissing.
65. Vanilla or Chocolate?
66. Favorite Board Game?
do slot machines count
67. Favorite smells?
Any scented candle that isn't awful.
68. What inspires you?
69. Do you have any piercings?
I had pierced ears once but I doubt they still are.
70. How many siblings do you have?
71. Bacon Bits or Croutons?
Both are pretty good.
72. Favorite Day of the Week?
73. Favorite phrase?
"What that is"
74. Favorite Restaurant?
I kinda like Cheddars.
75. Favorite animal?
It's simplest to just say cat.
76. Favorite thing to do outside?
Read probably, but if I have something to entertain me I'm happy to stay outside for other reasons.
77. Favorite thing to do when it's raining?
Draw or read.
78. Favorite Disney character?
79. Do you like coffee? If so, what is your favorite kind?
I like it but I gotta lay off the caffeine.
80. Tag 6 people.
Whoever is reading this.
Hetherev is not inactive. Hetherev is sleeping.
I see everything that goes through the application bin. It’s far from a ghost town. I have noticed that a greater percentage of the content is no longer interactive. Hetherev’s activity depends on character interaction, so we need more of that. See the logic?
Draw Challenges, not just jams.
- Challenges encourage interaction. Art jams encourage more art jams. I love art jams. They can bring a lot to a group, and there’s no reason to feel bad if they’re your guilty pleasure, but they can weaken a community as much as enliven it. A healthy balance is needed and right now, the scales are tipped. Challenges require more effort, yes, but the rewards can be better. A challenge puts your character in a place and makes it appear available and alive.
Talk to one another.
- Visit the forums. Comment on challenges. Say hello! Hetherev is an interactive group, it is totally acceptable to approach your fellow artists and interact with them. If you’re not personally a shy person, you may need to reach out a little more frequently if you want to boost activity. I’m lookin’ at you social folk to form a net and scoop up some of these new fish.
Draw other people’s characters.
- If you want to see someone draw your character, make a habit of drawing others’ characters. People will notice. Seek out trades! But don’t expect a shower of gifts, that’s not going to happen.
Don’t wait for the ‘head honchos’ to create activity.
- YOU create it. Really! If you’re waiting for the Founder and Co-Founders to create stories and events, you’re looking in the wrong place. The truth is, the players create the events, all we do is signal boost them. If you don’t ask us to, we can’t help! If Hetherev ran like a business, we’d be churning out overpriced products that nobody wants. It’s better to let the artists create entertainment THEY want and try to help them spread the word.
Don’t be afraid to ask the group for a signal boost
- If you have a big event that you’d like us to call to attention, send us a note with all the relevant links and we’ll give it a boost!
Hetherev is a sandbox.
- We’ve given you a bucket and a shovel already. YOU HAVE THE TOOLS TO BUILD KINGDOMS. Build a sand fort and throw a plastic Triceratops at the castle across the way. Hetherev is a vast, perpetually unexplored setting. You can make shit up and put it there. Just don’t pout when others want to share.
But I'm just not sure if I need a membership for anything.
Write ten holiday wishes.
Lets be realistic, no one is going to send you a new computer, but they might stop by with a llama badge and well-wishes!
1. A mute button for this cat.
2. More lights! I put some on my porch. There aren't many of them, but I'm hoping it will help encourage more people on our street to decorate next year.
3. More Samurai Jack. Not more episodes, I know that's not happening, but I'd sure like to see it more often than just Saturday nights on Adult Swim.
4. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Or sleet. FOG. Wet precipitation of any kind.
5. Candy cane. ;; I left all mine hanging on the porch and then it rained and now they're kind of festively slimy. It was a terrible idea.
6. I wanna kick 2015 in the butt. No, really. I've allowed myself to accrue some miserable habits in the last few years and I'm changing my tactics in 2015.
7. To finish all art trades/just general things that I owe, no matter how old. (Gonna have to hunt some folks down to get updated info, since that's a big part of the delay).
8. More Whatayarn (Herman/Jacky) draw suggestions. I know I have a fugton, but I can just never have enough.
9. ART. Especially Whatayarn (not explicit). If there's any art I haven't already favorited/commented on please let me know. I am forgetful and may have seen it but forgotten to reply.
10. I want to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and I hope next year is a good one for all of you.
Make a list!
My secret base code for Alpha Sapphire. Feel free to visit!
You will eventually meet a blonde haired man in a hat that will tell you about secret bases and establish your first base, you really can’t miss him. When he does, access the computer, use the QR code option to share or find other bases.
0189 9340 6238
There's my number.
(I'm so tempted to buy the dragon myself, but I already have a steam engine train monster I can add plastic cat ears to so the role is filled ;; )
You should read each description before attempting to buy, but here's the best part of the adoptables (in my opinion),
- You get full rights to this character. No really.
- Draw it, write about it, roleplay with it, commission others to draw pictures of it, use it as a fursona!
- Feel free to change the colors / give it a solid sex or gender!
- You can resell it in the future. I'd LIKE it to be resold for the same price you bought it for, but what can I do?
- You can even pretend you made it if you roll that way.
-You get the full res flat image as a PNG."
You don't see many adoptables that come with that much freedom!
I'm thinking of raising my sketch prices by about five dollars for a single character. I need to create more income from my commissions, I'd also like a little more for the time that I've been putting into them.
Messy sketch of a single character ($20)
+$10 per additional character.
To have a sketch colored, double the amount.
Having sketches of multiple characters colored would start to look pretty pricey, but a single character sketch I think remains affordable for folks who know what they want.
I'm not yet decided on what I want to do, this requires some thought!
These cats are free to a good home and good with other cats and dogs! Click the image and see Lilleah's deviation description for more information. I am not adopting out these cats myself, just trying to give them a signal boost so they have a better chance finding a good home.
Captain Hook (not sure what his specifics are on other cats and dogs, but you could always ask Lilleah.)
Commissions may be my soul income soon and I'm considering raising my prices. I don't anticipate raising them more than about five dollars, but I wanted to give a little bit of a heads up!
HALLOWEEN SALE 2014: REVENGE OF THE WEDGIESUPDATE: SALE IS OVER
Toilet paper fills the trees, shitty horror movies crowd the airwaves, and ghoulish artwork at devilishly low prices can be found under every grave stone! THAT'S RIGHT, KIDDIES. Wolfy's Halloween sale is BACK FROM THE DEAD.
SALE RUNS OCTOBER 19 to OCTOBER 29! All artwork will be done by OCTOBER 31!
Please do not comment unless it is to place an order.Please do not send payment before I have asked.I will contact you when I am ready to be paid. Please remember to check the NO SHIPPING option!I will not be selling adult artwork. Gore, however, is fine.Please read my TERMS OF SERVICE before placing an order!
$2.00 - black and white
$3.00 - color
These are MYSTERY DRAWINGS! You cold get something as simple as a head doodle or as extravagant as a full illustration! They could be traditional or digital! That's the best thin
I've bought and used a lot of icons from her in the past. Go have a peek! ITS GOOD STUFF.
Do you have any characters based on real people?
Kampekhannus asks, Do you have any characters based on anyone you know/met or seen in passing irl? Has anyone you haven't met (like a celebrity) ever inspired you to create a character?
To start with, naw. I don’t have any characters based on real people.
The only one that comes to mind that I think had inspiration directly from a real person was Gin, who is very ‘Vincent Price’, but that’s a stretch, and a celebrity. I draw inspiration mostly from things I like. Subjects, animals, tropes, etc. And cartoons. SO MUCH CARTOONS. Fictional characters tend to inspire more fictional characters, and I definitely have a couple who started with Wreck it Ralph and evolved into their own thing (Jim and Li, believe it or not, started with Ralph). You can see how different those two characters are from their source of inspiration.
Sometimes I see an article of clothing or something that catches my eye and I think ‘HMM, I could build on that’, but even then I don’t use exactly what inspired me. I like to go my own road! If my characters have any ‘reality’ in them I think it’s mostly pieces of me and my interests, but still pretty distant.
I’ve never met any Gales, Hermans or Jackys in person, though Laura swears she saw Gale at an Olive Garden in Florida.
What inspires you to draw?
givemepaperandpen asks, What is the thing that inspires you the most to write/draw? I mean like what is it that excites and inspires you? Other art? Other works? etc
I like seeing what the characters are up to, how they interact, etc. If it weren’t for OCs I’m not sure if I’d be as interested in making art, it’s all about putting them to paper and bringing what they’re experiencing to light. I like making pretty shapes and composition too, but I seem to spend most of my time just appreciating that my OCs can entertain me with their adventures while I'm doing something hum drum like cleaning.
I take inspiration from whatever entertains me. Lots of mythology! History, nature, etc. I think mythology excites me most. I can't see a good myth and not want that in my story. Researching for characters often opens possibilities up for a lot of other creations.
Was changing to digital art difficult?
adjutantninox asks, You paint at the pc, right? Was the change difficult? I try someimes, but its muuuch easier for me to use the classic pencil :/
It was tricky at first. I think it started when I realized I could make money faster doing digital icons, so I used that to practice doing lineart and get a feel for it. I had already been coloring digitally for a long time. Learning to draw digitally is just a matter of learning to draw comfortably with a tablet, which is crazy frustrating at first but gets easier.
pixie-blogs asks, Why did you choose this name? :3
At the time I was heavily reading ancient European history and my favorite subjects were the Greeks and Celts. I still find them interesting, so the name has stayed relevant to me.
What part of the body do you start sketching with first?
kittybumbum asks, When sketching, what part of the body do you usually start with first?
Definitely the head, but as I've advanced as an artist drawing usually starts with a fullbody gesture before I move onto detailing. I’ve usually roughed the entire figure out, even if it just in stick lines, before I start drawing eyes and noses.
Ever considered doing a mini-comic series?
byzantine-gangsters asks, Have you ever considered doing a mini comic series? Like the panels you’ve been doing but more consistent(if that’s the right word…)?
I’d like to! Something. Someday. Casual seems to be the best thing for me. I don’t think I would dedicate the time to a complete webcomic (which takes as much time as a day job, and years), which is why I’ve been so willing to share the details, and often spoilers of their story on tumblr. A mini-comic would be doable, I think. What I’ve done up to this point has been practice with scenes I’m not even sure belong in the story!
A shorter answer would be yes, but I'm not sure when or what story or to what completeness.
Just a heads up if there's old comments/whatever that you want a chance to save first.
I'm purging because so much of it is outdated information or just not relevant.
Consider both words a place holder until I decide on something permanent. It might be confusing for a while, but I'll try to keep things updated.
I have my reasons.
I'm not saying my art is bad, I don't think it is, and I know that's a big taboo among artists, but sometimes you gotta step back and laugh at your areas that need improvement. And there ain't nothin' wrong with that.